Do you have tight creaky hips? Does your pelvis, sacrum, hips, or low back whine with every move you make? 2.5 million Americans are living with artificial hips. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) more than 332,000 hip replacements are performed each year. Are you on the path to being part of these statistics?
Improper posture and alignment of your hips, sacrum, sit bones and pelvis can put undue pressure on your low back and hip joints, causing more pain to already tender areas. Learning proper posture and simple stretching techniques can heal years of hips damage and possibly even prevent the need for surgical repair.
Learn how to use and stretch your hips and pelvis the way they were designed to be used, as your center of movement and flexibility. In this course, you will learn
- simple techniques for healthy posture
- general anatomy & physiology of your hips & pelvis
- proper body mechanics for standing, walking, and lifting
- ways to apply what you have learned to your every day life
- to stretch and strengthen your hips & pelvis safely
- how to improve overall function
- If you have hips, a pelvis, a sacrum, and sit bones and you have been using them your whole life, you are ready and capable to complete this course.
- Because you learn better what you write down, a pen or pencil is handy for this class.
- Be sure to print out the handouts for each segment.
- Because your brain processes better when you see progress, be ready to take the pre-post surveys for each segment to track what you have learned and how you have improved.
- Do you have pains in your hips, pelvis, or low back?
- Do you suffer from chronic issues such as hip or low back pain, tightness or tension in your hips, inflexibility, difficulty getting up from a chair, climbing stairs, or getting out of bed?
- Do you struggle with flexibility, mobility, and freedom in your hips and pelvis?
- Have you tried physical therapy, massage, chiropractics, and other methods of healing, but your lower body pain persists?
- Do you think maybe your walking gait and standing posture may be to blame for you lower body aches, pains, owies, and boo-boos?
- Do you wish you could stand taller, walk stronger, and move better in your lower body?
- Identify personal posture habits in your pelvis, sacrum, sit bones, and hips that have contributed to pain.
- Adjust personal standing and walking habits to use your hips & pelvis better.
- Learn to walk smoother, with less or no pain.
- Adjust your pelvic posture to relieve low back tension and tightness.
- Change hip rotation to reduce or eliminate low back and hip pain.
- Engage core strength to improve stability.
- Improve balance and stability instantly through posture and stance.
- Perform simple hips stretches to improve function and flexibility.
- Understand how posture of the pelvis impacts the integrity of your hip joints.
- Practice simple foot exercises to reduce and eliminate chronic issues.
- Train your brain to tell your body to stand, walk, and climb without pain.
- Reverse years of bad posture habits in the hips by doing simple 10 second exercises many times a day.
As a writer, my hope is that my readers become immersed in my stories, have a conversation with the text, and experience an adventure of personal growth through my lessons and practice exercises.
- I invite you to sit with me in my favorite oversized chair, and allow my stories to pull at the threads of your own experiences.
- I hope to offer you a roadmap to explore your own path.
- I dream that in excavating the depths of my wounds, you might find the precious pearls and diamonds you have cultivated through intense pressure and extreme circumstances.