Your bones, tissues, muscles, organs, etc. make up your physical anatomy, and your chakras (energy centers), nadis (energy channels) and auras (energy field outside the body) make up your energetic anatomy. The physical and energetic work together to create the whole. This program teaches the interconnectedness of your experience in a human body as it relates to the natural ecosystem of the world.
Explore the seven major chakras of your energetic body and how they align with seven components of your physical body anatomy and how they reflect and embody seven elements of the natural world.
For each of the seven major chakras, you will learn
- Sanskrit name & definition
- Physical body parts & anatomy
- Natural element
- Symptoms of dysfunction
For each of the seven major chakras, you will practice
- a 10-15 minute yoga practice to exercise each chakra as it relates to the natural element.
- a 10-minute guided meditation integrating each of the seven elements (earth, water, fire, air, mineral, nature, spirit) with your body and chakras.
- a simple body posture and alignment teaching anatomy & physiology of the body parts related to each of the seven chakras and seven natural elements.
- activate the natural element healing properties of each of the seven major chakras with a simple body posture exercise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
TeriLeigh - Your Instructor
TeriLeigh rolls out of bed onto her yoga mat nearly every morning, and has been doing so since 1999. A master of the chakra system, she teaches a unique practice based on what she sees in the chakras and auras of her students.
Since 2004, TeriLeigh has taught the chakras for yoga in over 200 studios and for dozens of yoga teacher trainings. She has certified over 100 instructors in yoga for the chakras.
With training, certification, and study with Baron Baptiste, Seane Corn, CorePower Yoga, Bikram Choudhury, and many more, she has developed a unique style of precise alignment linked with gentle poses.